[Rd] R CMD check: checking examples: how to (not) pause execution

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Thu May 18 16:29:04 CEST 2006

I think the more usual way to solve this is to have the user set
par(ask=TRUE) is they want to be prompted. This gives the user the
option of being prompted, or not. It makes the example tests work, and
simplifies your code because you don't need to worry about the prompt
mechanism. It also potentially helps with multi-language support, etc, etc.

Paul