[Rd] Truncated labels in hist (PR#8864)

pinard at iro.umontreal.ca pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu May 18 17:50:47 CEST 2006

[paul murrell]

>I can get this (on Windows, but I'm sure elsewhere too) by just
>resizing the window.  The report is correct in that the hist() does not
>ensure that there is room for labels on the plot, but this seems more
>like a wish-list item than a bug.

Hi, Paul.  Thanks for the feedback!

Should I confess, at least for the R project, I sometimes miss the
subtleties between wish-list items and bugs -- not only for this one,
but in general.  We surely wish bugs to be addressed: this, I get :-).

But I sometimes feel we exaggerate the exegesis of the distinction
between wishes and bugs, as this exercise is a bit irritating, without
being fruitful.  I wonder why the distinction is deemed so important.

Merely chatting, of course.   Keep happy!

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca