[Rd] Trellis equivalent of par(ask=TRUE)?

Lutz Prechelt prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 18 19:33:29 CEST 2006

(was:  AW: [Rd] R CMD check: checking examples: how to (not) pause
execution)

Paul, Brian,

> > I think the more usual way to solve this is to have the user set
> > par(ask=TRUE) is they want to be prompted.

thank you.
Looking back, 'par' would have been a likely candidate for looking.
One reason I did NOT look there is that I need the functionality
for print.trellis in fact, not for plot.
par(ask=TRUE) does not influence print.trellis.
trellis.par.get() does not have an equivalent for par(ask=).
Nor does gpar() or any other method in Grid that I could find.

I have tried to help myself (in an admittedly crude way) by putting
  \dontshow{plot(1,type="n")  # make R stop and ask}
before each Lattice plot call in my .Rd file.
But that does not work either.
It leads to R CMD check output as follows:
  > par(ask=TRUE)
  > ## Don't show:
  > plot(1,type="n")  # make R stop and ask
  Press Return for next plot:## End Don't sh> ow
  Error: object "ow" not found
Rather weird.
Any ideas?
I am using R 2.2.1.

  Lutz Prechelt

Prof. Dr. Lutz Prechelt; prechelt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Institut fuer Informatik; Freie Universitaet Berlin
Takustr. 9; 14195 Berlin; Germany
+49 30 838 75115; http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/inst/ag-se/