[Rd] helping out

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri May 19 17:16:13 CEST 2006

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> R-bugs tends to mangle attachments (or perhaps not unmangle what a mailer
> has done to them), inline patches get mangled (wrapped, tabs expanded) and
> attachments get stripped (even though some are allowed).

This happens in the remailing step. It should still be possible (for
maintainers, at least) to download raw messages and sort out the
attachments. It's a bit of a pain to rmember how, though: I tried it
out with mutt just now: "mutt -f Desktop/wishlist", show message, then
"v", then "s" to save the relevant part.