[Rd] print.trellis(..., draw.in=...)

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:19:34 CEST 2006

On 5/21/06, Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> A year ago I had posted this code
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2005-June/033508.html
>
> and the associated discussion was that there would be a print.trellis
> argument that could be used to eliminate the need for with.vpPath
> or with.viewport there.  I assume that that is what draw.in= in
> print.trellis is for.  When I try it I get an error.  I did notice that
> ?print.trellis says draw.in= has not been well tested yet.  Is
> this a bug?

No, but perhaps a lack of clarity in the documentation. ?print.trellis says:

 draw.in: An optional (grid) viewport (used as the 'name' argument in
          'downViewport') in which the plot is to be drawn.  ...

and ?downViewport says

    name: A character value to identify a viewport in the tree.

Your code supplies viewports, not character names (in the older
working example, you did this conversion inside with.vpPath).

-Deepayan