[Rd] Suggesting changes to HELP files?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon May 22 09:12:07 CEST 2006

    Gabor> On 5/21/06, Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at pdf.com> wrote:
    >> Hi, Gabor:
    >>
    >> Thanks.  My initial failed attempt to add to "R wiki" generated the
    >> following two questions:
    >>
    >> 1.  What's the best way to find the R Wiki from "www.r-project.org"?
    >> I found it just now via RSiteSearch("R wiki").  Might it be reasonable
    >> to add, e.g., a hot link to "R Wiki" under "Documentation"?

    Gabor> wiki.r-project.org will get you to it.  Hopefully there will be a link
    Gabor> from the R home page at some point.

The Wiki isn't advertized yet at all, for a good reason:
It is still in "setup state" -- a bit more for Wiki authors than
readers, and also has "holes" that should be filled (or marked)
before wiki "release".
Its principal maintainer is Philippe Grosjean.

Please use the R-SIG-Wiki mailing list for more on this,
or maybe start browsing its archives a bit :
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-wiki/

    >> 2.  I just found a page that reads, 'R Wiki - Documentation
    >> The "Wikified" version of all R man pages. To access a given page, type
    >> the name of an R function in the search box at top right and click
    >> "search". Select the corresponding page in the search result.

AFAIK, the  `` "Wikified" version of all R man pages ''
is the biggest project yet to be completed before "Wiki release"

Martin