[Rd] (PR#8877) Literature for proposed fix

jranke at uni-bremen.de jranke at uni-bremen.de
Mon May 22 17:36:02 CEST 2006

Dear R Developers,

Prediction intervals for weighted regression are treated in

	Brown, P. J. (1994) Measurement, Regression and Calibration. Oxford

on p. 35. However, the prediction interval for Z is not really
spelled out in a way that would be accessible for me.

So I give up on this. I find my proposed solution (further updated since
my last mail) plausible, but I don't know and can't find enough theory
to support it.

	http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-patches/predict.lm.patch

Ceterum censeo PR#8877 esse corrigendum.

Johannes Ranke

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 8971
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke