[Rd] R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 27 02:44:38 CEST 2006

On 26 May 2006 at 17:47, Peter Dalgaard wrote:

| Starting with tomorrow's build, the beta designation will be replaced
| by RC. This also implies that we are in "hard" code freeze, and that
| we're not going to change anything unless it is critical. If you do
| not want such critical bugs to slip into the final release, please
| check the release candidates on your platform and report back if you
| find problems.
|
| The directory for prereleases is
|
| http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/

FWIW I started a week ago with pre-releases in Debian unstable and added
another one today. So if you're on Debian, these are easy to test.
I guess I had my lingo wrong as I already called these beta. Sorry, my bad.

r-base (2.3.0.svn38197-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Second beta release of the upcoming R 2.3.1 scheduled for June 1

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Fri, 26 May 2006 06:09:03 -0500

r-base (2.3.0.svn38119-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * First beta release of the upcoming R 2.3.1 scheduled for June 1

  * debian/control: Standards-Version: increased to 3.7.2

  * debian/r-cran.mk: Small improvements

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Fri, 19 May 2006 20:15:30 -0500

(FYI r-cran.mk is a all we now need for debian/rules in the many r-cran-*
packages. It centralises the debian/rules logic; each of those packages
reduces its debian/rules to

	include /usr/share/R/debian/r-cran.mk

which is pretty sweet. Kudos to Rafael Laboissiere who gently nudged me to
try Debian's cdbs for these.)

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison