[Rd] Patch: context stack size in gram.y

Thomas Dreibholz dreibh at iem.uni-due.de
Wed May 31 14:42:39 CEST 2006

Hi!

Attached to this mail, you find a patch for gram.y setting a #define
CONTEXT_STACK_SIZE for the context stack size and replacing the following
constants 50 and 49 by CONTEXT_STACK_SIZE and CONTEXT_STACK_SIZE-1. The new
#define makes setting the stack size much more easy; I also have increased it
to 500, because 50 is too small (we use R to iterate through sets of
simulation parameters, which requires a context stack size of around 100).

I have also discovered that yacc is only invoked when R is configured with
"--enable-maintainer-mode", i.e. the redundant output file gram.c is part of
the source distribution. Would is not be better to always generate gram.c
from gram.y instead of providing gram.y and gram.c?

Best regards
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
 E-Mail:     dreibh at exp-math.uni-essen.de
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh