[Rd] WG: Formal methods are not loaded from NAMESPACE inreloadedworkspace image

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Fri Nov 3 11:50:26 CET 2006

Sorry, to bother the list one more time: but the following worked at
least for 'urca':

in NAMESPACE I now included explicitly:

import(methods)

a fix of the 'urca'-package will be uploaded to CRAN on the weekend.
Fritz, will this work for ypur package 'flexclust' too? I have in my
DESCRIPTION imports: methods and in flexclust it is in depends: methods.
However, both packages have not import(methods) in their NAMESPACE.
Anyway, I wonder why 'import(methods)' is explicitly needed in
NAMESPACE? Would a smart and bright soul be so kind and enlighten a
flabbergasted one? :-) Many thanks!

Best,
Bernhard