[Rd] Chi-squared test (PR#9350)

McGehee, Robert Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Wed Nov 8 16:40:01 CET 2006

Is Sahotra's abuse sending a wishlist item to R-bugs, or is his error
phrasing a suggestion in the form of a question? It seems others have
commented on the inability to specify df for chisq.test (see:
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/01/10539.html), and adding an
option certainly seems like a reasonable suggestion to me.

And of course, R-FAQ 9.2 does explicitly give a standard for reporting
wishlist or non-bug items to the R-bugs:
"There is a section of the bug repository for suggestions for
enhancements for R labelled `wishlist'. Suggestions can be submitted in
the same ways as bugs, but please ensure that the subject line makes
clear that this is for the wishlist and not a bug report, for example by
starting with `Wishlist:'."

So if your qualm is with how onerous and manual the R bugs tracking
system is, rather than if the sender sent his question/comment to the
wrong list or in the wrong form, then perhaps an upgrade to the R bug
tracker is in order rather than discouraging sending wishlist items to
the bugs archiving system.

Robert