[Rd] Retrieving function name

Tom McCallum tom.mccallum at levelelimited.com
Thu Nov 9 16:28:46 CET 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can retrieve a function name, for example

If I have a function f as follows:

f <- function( myfunc ) {
	print( name_of(myfunc) );
}

I want to know what I should have as "name_of" such that I could call this
with :
	f( median )
and it would print "median"

or f( my_function_name ) and it would print "m_function_name".

So far all I can get is the function definition that myfunc points to.

I thought the structure command might do it but this also just gives back
the function definition and not the original name.

Any suggestions?

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas McCallum
Systems Architect,
Email: tom at levelelimited.com

Level E is a limited company incorporated in Scotland. The contents of
this e-mail are privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please
notify the sender and ensure this e-mail is deleted and not read, copied
or disclosed. It is your responsibility to scan this e-mail and any
attachments for
computer viruses or other defects. Level E does not accept liability for
any loss or damage which may result from this e-mail or any attachment.
E-mail is not secure
and can be intercepted, corrupted or amended. Level E does not accept
liability for errors or omissions arising as a result of interrupted or
defective transmission.
Any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this e-mail which
do not relate to the business of Level E Limited are not authorised by
Level E. Unless
specifically stated and authorised by Level E, nothing in this e-mail
shall be taken to be an offer or acceptance of any contract of any nature.
E-mail entering or leaving Level E's system is subject to random
monitoring and recording.