[Rd] R CMD check warning about boot ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 30 15:06:46 CET 2006

On 30 November 2006 at 12:37, Kurt Hornik wrote:

| > Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >> Running R CMD check on a local package, I get
| >>
| >> * checking Rd files ... OK
| >> * checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
| >> Error in .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
| >> there is no package called 'boot'
|
| > Probably the boot installation in one of your libraries is corrupted.
|
| Actually, the question is where boot is installed.  The code does
|
|     aliases <-
|         lapply(unlist(.get_standard_package_names()[c("base",
|                                                       "recommended")],
|                       use.names = FALSE),
|                Rd_aliases, lib.loc = .Library)
|                                      ********

> LL <- library()
Warning message:
library %G,Ab€˜(B%@/usr/lib/R/site-library%G,Ab€™(B%@ contains no packages in: library()
> LL$results[ LL$results[,1]=="boot", 2 ]
[1] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"
> LL$results[ LL$results[,1]=="boot", 1:2 ]
                        Package                         LibPath
                         "boot" "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"
> dim(LL$results)
[1] 140   3
> .libPaths()
[1] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library" "/usr/lib/R/site-library"       "/usr/lib/R/library"

The boot package loads fine, and is current.  Why does R CMD check think it
is an error that boot happens to live in a particular directory, for as long
as that directory is known to .libPaths() ?

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison