[Rd] Rcmd install mypkg

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 14:53:30 CEST 2006

On 10/1/06, Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> > This would seem to violate the user interface stereotype that
> > command lines are case insensitive on Windows.
>
> This is an improvement. R tries to be as unique as possible on all
> platforms.

Not sure what the above means but if you mean it works the same
on all platforms that is an error in the design of the software in my view.
The objective should be that it fits into the environment its working in.

Any Windows user can tell the difference between "clunky" UNIX-derived
software which does not feel right on the Windows platform and
software that adapts its interface to work like all other Windows programs
in that environment.