[Rd] Bug in 2.4.0 Windows menu setup (PR#9277)

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 12:36:32 CEST 2006

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>> On 10/6/2006 1:35 PM, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
<snipped>
>>> I would propose correcting the encoding of the *content*, rather
>>> than the charset tag, so that Rgui-* all uses localised ones (CP932,
>>> CP936, CP949, CP950). That should be better for older windows...
>
> That was the intention, but the translator marked it incorrectly, and it
> appeared to be valid CP936 so not picked up by me.

<snipped>

> I need to sort out with the translator a valid CP936 version of that
> file: it contains a character that is not in CP936.

Hi. There is one invalid character at line 855. Here is the patch,
the corrected utf-8 version (against 2.4.0, without changing the
charset tag...), and the correctly converted CP936
(a.k.a. GB2312 or EUC-CN) version.

I have checked round-trip conversion with CP936<->utf-8 with both
iconv and Ken Lunde's cjkvconv.pl .

You can either apply the patch, or just replace what is in the R
source with the EUC-CN version. (the latter would be my preferred
solution, but since it is sort of "unnessarily large change",
I'll live with the former...).

Hin-Tak Leung