[Rd] PR#9299:Re: Bugs with partial name matching during partial replacement (PR#9299)

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 13:05:36 CEST 2006

Thomas Lumley wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk wrote:
>
>> This is a rather interesting, but I don't think it is a bug - it is
>> just things that "you are not supposed to do"
>
> It was a bug. It has been fixed in R 2.4.0. Unfortunately, since you
> didn't quote the PR# of the original bug in the subject line you have
> just filed a new bug report for it.
>
>     -thomas

I am sorry (about both the duplicate report and the comment).

I don't know what happened with the duplication - but as you see
I replied to both r-devel and r-bugs in the same e-mail, and the
one arriving back via r-devel did have the right subject with
the PR#9202 at the end, and the other copy via r-bugs didn't and
got a new one. It seems somewhere during in the round-trip
over-long subject lines get truncated and/or a new-line inserted in
the middle. May worth investigating...

Regards,
Hin-Tak