[Rd] R and JAVA

Pierre LINDENBAUM plindenbaum at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 17 19:15:07 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I'm Pierre Lindenbaum and I'm new to 'R'.

I'm currently working with a colleague who has created a java bioinformatic tool using 'R' . No problem : we work on linux, we call 'R' using a system call via java.lang.Runtime.exec, we know the $path to 'R', etc...

But now, we would like to distribute our java application as a *.jar archive and I wondered what is the best way to install it on window: is there a way to embed 'R' in my java archive ?  can I install 'R' on windows from  my java archive ?  what is the best way to call 'R' from java. Can I avoid this system call ?...etc...

Any help will be appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance.

Pierre