[Rd] Bug in Acrobat Reader 7 (or R?) with translucent text

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Fri Oct 20 01:06:56 CEST 2006

Hi Kevin,

On my Mac, (PowerPC OS X 10.4.8)
I see the same plot in Adobe reader and
in the Mac preview app.

Text is transluscent when overlaid by a plot icon.

Text is not transluscent when overlaid by other text.  (Is
this expected?)

Plot icons are transluscent when overlaid by
other plot icons.

Adobe is buggy!  (I have trouble with Adobe rendering
a pdf containing four scatterplots with 380000
data points each, though the Mac preview.app
can render them properly.)

Good luck filing a bug report with Adobe :(

Adobe:
Version 7.0.8 5/16/2006

R:
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0

locale:
en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/C/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney at bccrc.ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC