[Rd] lapack tests fail -- is this something to worry about?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 13:57:26 CEST 2006

I think it is just that you should bear in mind that your system is less
accurate than a more modern one (and lots of compiler bugs have been fixed
since gcc 3.2.3).

[I am surprised your sysadmins are happy running an OS that is lacking so
many of the security features of current Linuxen.  Ours are not!]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk