[Rd] S4 pb in R 2.5.0

John Chambers jmc at r-project.org
Fri Oct 27 15:16:45 CEST 2006

Thanks for the typo, it might have taken a while to find this one otherwise!

In 2.5.0 and 2.4patched, the subclass information attempts to be
complete.  That subclass information needs to be removed from all
superclasses when the class is redefined, and currently isn't.  The
particular superclass link to "vector" is what makes the code think that
"A" is meant to be the data part of the new class.  When you redefined
"A" to no longer contain "integer", that link should have gone away.

Looks fairly straightforward to fix but as with your other bug report,
may not happen for a few days.