[Rd] Idea: Testimonials

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:36:18 CEST 2006

It occurred to me that we could have an optional file called TESTIMONIALS
that comes with each package which could be a list of short testimonials from
users indicating success with that package and possibly a few details of
the successful application, e.g. it was used to analyse xyz data.

Users would be encouraged to send in testimonials.

This would give new users an immediate idea of what others have
done with any given package.

It would be up to the authors and maintainer to solicit the testimonials.
The author and maintainer could list their own applications in
that file too if they wished.

Another possibility is to place the testimonials in the vignette if there
is one.