[Rd] interactive flag unix

Manfred Georg mgeorg at arl.wustl.edu
Mon Oct 30 20:06:54 CET 2006

Hi,

I would like to see a way to force R to be in interactive mode
with a flag.  So that the default behavior of being in interactive
mode if the input is from a keybord can be overridden.

Something like:
R --interactive
R --no-interactive

octave has a flag like this and it words nicely for what I need
(input from named pipe).
Anyway, the fix is just a simple change to src/unix/system.c
I can write a patch if you would like.
I think something like this already exists in the windows wrapper (--ess).

Also, what is up with the bug tracker?  Things in there seem to
be from 2000-2003 and a couple days after filing a bug I still don't
see it.  Is it being used?  And if not, it should probably be disabled,
so people don't waste their time posting to the wrong place.

Manfred

"Must I do all the evil I can before I learn to shun it?  Is it
not enough to know the evil to shun it?  If not, we should be
sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up."
                                  - Mohandas K. Gandhi