[Rd] enhancement request for labeling help windows in Windows

Bill Dunlap bill at insightful.com
Wed Sep 6 18:29:46 CEST 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Richard M. Heiberger wrote:

> I am looking at the HTML Help Workshop which I got from wherever
> your website told me to get it.
>
> There is no documentation in the material I have.  My guess is that one
> of the variables in the file  "c:/Program Files/HTML Help Workshop/include/htmlhelp.h"
> needs to be changed.  My first guess is the line
>     LPCTSTR pszCaption;      // IN/OUT: Window title
> although how to change the value of pszCaption is not at all obvious.
>
> I opened up the .chm files in emacs for other applications and they all
> have a string buried inside that contains the name that appears on the window.

I think the help window title comes from the
  Title=...
line in the *.hhp file.  share/perl/build-help-windows.pl:open_hhp()
adds a bunch of similar lines to the *.hhp file,
but not Title=.

See, e.g.,
  http://www.helpware.net/FAR/help/dlg_hhpedit_sec.htm

Bill Dunlap
Insightful Corporation
bill at insightful dot com
360-428-8146

 "All statements in this message represent the opinions of the author and do
 not necessarily reflect Insightful Corporation policy or position."