[Rd] Complete documentation gram.y ??

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 18:08:07 CEST 2006

Patricia Bautista wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody know where I can find documentation about
> file gram.y?. What I need to do is related to the
> parse tree. I need the parse tree of a R user defined
> function for being used by a c++ function. Briefly, I
> have a C++ function that is used to generate random
> numbers from a specified objective function and I want
> to use R just to verified the sintaxis of the function
> and I want C++ for doing the evaluations of the
> mentioned function.

  A function in R can't exist unless its syntactically correct. Or is
your function reading a text representation of an R function (from a
file or user input as a string)? In which case it would be easier to
check the syntax from R just by using 'eval' in a 'try' clause, and then
pass the function object to C++ in the usual documented way (as an SEXP).

Barry