[Rd] Failure to build home-made package on WINDOWS 2000 professional

Joost Schalken jjp.schalken at few.vu.nl
Mon Sep 11 18:02:19 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am trying to build a home-made package (log2html) to
log R output to an HTML file. The package can be build
successfully under Solaris, however I am unable to build
the system under Windows 2000 Professional.

I read (and tried to follow to the letter) Duncan Murdoch's
"Building R for Windows" (http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/),
in combination with the newest version of R (2.3.1), yet when
doing this I receive the following message while compiling the
system:

    > R CMD check log2html
    * checking for working latex ...latex: not found  NO
    * using log directory 'D:/tmp/log2html.Rcheck'
    * using Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
    * checking for file 'log2html/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
    * checking extension type ... Package
    * this is package 'log2html' version '1.0-1'
    * checking package dependencies ... OK
    * checking if this is a source package ... OK
    * checking whether package 'log2html' can be installed ... ERROR
    Installation failed.
    See 'D:/tmp/log2html.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.

In the file D:/tmp/log2html.Rcheck/00install.out are the following
messages:
    installing R.css in H:/tmp/log2html.Rcheck
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
    make: *** /log2html: No such file or directory.  Stop.
    make: *** [pkg-log2html] Error 2
    *** Installation of log2html failed ***
    Removing 'D:/tmp/log2html.Rcheck/log2html'

Can anybody provide me with hints how to solve this
problem?

Kind regards,

Joost Schalken