[Rd] Error: package/namespace load failed for 'fortunes'

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Sep 13 10:56:02 CEST 2006

Hello!

I have the following R code in my .Rprofile file - just for fun.

  library(fortunes)
  fortune()
  detach("package:fortunes")

This works nicely in R 2.3.1, but it throws the following error under
latest R-devel:

Type 'q()' to quit R.

Error in rbind(rval, read.table(file, header = TRUE, sep = ";", quote =
"\"",  :
        could not find function "read.table"
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'fortunes'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'fortunes'

If I start R-devel with empty .Rprofile I am able to issue above R code
without problems. Is this caused by move of read.table() to utils package?

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana     PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                   mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888