[Rd] demo names with spaces?

Prof Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 14 04:06:57 CEST 2006

There are two issues here:

1) file names with spaces are not supported, and indeed you cannot
install such a package on Windows.  Because make is used, this is
pretty fundamental.

2) The parsing code for 00Index used by 'check' assumes whitespace
separates the name and the title.  In index files generated by R the
separator is a tab, but demo indices are hand-crafted.

You can use underlines in the file and demo names.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk