[Rd] digits in summary.default

Karl Ove Hufthammer karloh at mi.uib.no
Fri Sep 15 11:21:03 CEST 2006

Martin Maechler skreiv:

> Since I've now seen the code of summary.default in S-plus 6.2,
> I'm not in a good position to propose a code change here ---
> unless Insightful ``donates'' their 3 lines of implementation to
> R  {which I think would be quite fair given the recent flurry of
> things they've recently ported into S-plus 8.x}

It's also possible to be a bit smarter in specific cases. See for example
the LaTeX table functions for regression summaries in the Dmisc package[1],
which uses the magnitude of the standard errors to dermine the number of
digits shown for estimates (s.t. the number of digits vary for each row/
estimate).

[1] Not on CRAN. See http://www.menne-biomed.de/download/download.html

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer