[Rd] NAMESPACE

Dominick Samperi dsamperi at DecisionSynergy.com
Fri Sep 22 20:07:19 CEST 2006

Hello,

I just tried to use NAMESPACE to prevent name conflicts between
packages and it appears that once a name is exported it will clash
with the same name if it is exported from another package, in
particular, if that other package does not use NAMESPACE.

Is there a way to "export" a name so that the current package
user can see it, but other packages cannot see it? My working
assumption is that this is not possible, so I use a prefix like
the package name to keep function names "local."

Thanks,
ds