[Rd] S3 methods for cbind/rbind

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Sep 27 22:24:02 CEST 2006

Hum. Then, I need to be more accurate. My object is of class
c("bar", "data.frame"). So, by virtue of ...

     The dispatch algorithm is described in the source file
     ('.../src/main/bind.c') as

        1.  For each argument we get the list of possible class
           memberships from the class attribute.

        2.  We inspect each class in turn to see if there is an an
           applicable method.

... rbind(foo) is never sent to rbind.bar(). So I guess my questions stand.