[Rd] wishlist: additional argument in R_tryEval (Rinternals.h)

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Sat Apr 7 00:39:35 CEST 2007

Even though it isn't officially part of the API it has seen some use
so I'd prefer not to change the interface; instead add

SEXP R_tryEvalWithVis(SEXP e, SEXP env, int *ErrorOccurred, int *visible);

or something along those lines and define R_tryEval internally in
terms of that.

It may be worth thinking a bit more though to see if there is
something else that might be useful at this point.  I vaguely recall
thinking recently about needing something else of this flavor but I
can't seem to remember what it was exactly -- will try to see if I can
recall.

Best,

luke

--