[Rd] bug in Stangle(split=TRUE)

Roger Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Sat Apr 7 13:56:40 CEST 2007

[I originally emailed this to Friedrich Leisch but got no response and I
just wanted to make sure it made it in before release.]

While working with Stangle(), I noticed a problem when using 'split =
TRUE'.  Particularly, when there are two chunks where one chunk's name
is a prefix of another chunk's name, then the two chunks will be written
to a single file rather than two separate files (if the chunk who's name
is a prefix comes after the other chunk).  Running 'Stangle(split=TRUE)'
with the attached 'test1.Rnw' file should reproduce the problem.

I think it boils down to a partial matching problem in 'RtangleRuncode'.
  I've attached a patch against R-alpha (r41020) which I think fixes
this problem but I'm not sure it's necessarily the best approach (there
are other instances of this construction in the code).

-roger
--
Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/