[Rd] R CMD install on R 2.5.0 alpha

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 7 19:57:19 CEST 2007

Hi.

On 4/7/07, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Nothing has changed here for three months, AFAICS.  However, I noticed you
> have installed R into a directory with a space in the path, despite the
> advice not to.  OTOH, I have just tested installing where you did, and
> was able to install R.oo:
>
> [c:/Program Files/R/R-2.5.0alpha/bin]% ./Rcmd INSTALL d:/R/packages/contrib/R.oo_1.2.3.tar.gz
> installing to 'c:/PROGRA~1/R/R-25~1.0AL/library'

Thank you for this confirmation.  It is odd though, because so have
also I done successfully for years.

> On Windows, INSTALL is a Perl script.  Please debug it to see what is
> going wrong on your setup (it is working for many others).

I will debug INSTALL to see what might go wrong.  I'll see if I can
locate an earlier version of R 2.5.0 alpha to see if the error really
is there or not.

> You can of course specify -l to workaround this.
>
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just downloaded the latest R v2.5.0 alpha (2007-04-04 r41043) for
>
> That is not the latest binary build I am offered, let alone the latest
> sources.

Got it from the UC Davis CRAN mirror about an one hour before my message.

Thanks

Henrik