[Rd] help with Qt and event loops

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:57:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been playing with Qt recently, and have the beginnings of a Qt
device. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it work as an R
package yet (I know the device code works because I can use it from a
GUI where R is embedded). Trying to package it, I have managed to get
it to a stage where typing

> library(qtdevice)
> QT()

will open up a new window, but then control doesn't return to R, so
nothing useful can be done.  Right now, I have no idea how to proceed.

Would someone with enough experience with event loops (preferably in
both R and Qt) be willing to look into this? The source code and a
brief write-up is available here:

http://dsarkar.fhcrc.org/R/R-Qt.html

Thanks,
-Deepayan