[Rd] Problem with: Vignette dependencies (\VignetteDepends{} entries) must be contained in

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Apr 18 16:33:12 CEST 2007

Gregor Gorjanc <gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I have just discovered a possible bug or lack of my knowledge. The last
> option is not so uncommon and I decided to ask here before flooding the
> bugs repository.
>
> Say I have a package test with vignette. Moving package directory to
> some other name, say test2, fails R CMD check with

This problem is due to my specification in Rnw file i.e.

% \VignetteDepends{test}

If I remove this or remove just test and leave some other packages in it (that
are also in DESCRIPTION Depends field), then previously reported error in R CMD
check does not show up. It seems that I have not understood \VignetteDepends{}
properly. I thought that we need to specify all packages that are needed for
vignette to work.

Gregor