[Rd] Problem with R-2.5.0 patched and Matrix package

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 26 23:04:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

Using latest R 2.5.0 Patched, I'm unable to install the Matrix package
from cran.fhcrc.org.

I get:

Creating a new generic function for "isSymmetric" in "Matrix"
Creating a new generic function for "unname" in "Matrix"
Error in conformMethod(signature, mnames, fnames, f) :
        In method for function "!": formal arguments omitted in the method definition cannot be in the signature (x = "Matrix")
Error: unable to load R code in package 'Matrix'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'Matrix'
** Removing '/home/sfalcon/RLIBS/2.5/Matrix'
** Restoring previous '/home/sfalcon/RLIBS/2.5/Matrix'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpcEQJjw/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'Matrix' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies = dependencies,

I don't have this problem when using a recent R-devel.  And I'm
guessing that Matrix works with the release, but haven't had time to
check this.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org