[Rd] How to suppress 'Loading required package ...' via Depends/Imports

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Apr 27 16:47:19 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 03:10:42PM +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> See ?suppressMessages
>
> I did:
>
> >suppressPackageStartupMessages(library("mboost"))
>
> and saw no messages at all in 2.5.0.  (And that is one of the noisiest.)

Oh, dang, and I know you had in fact told me about this before. Sorry
for my additional noise.  I still have R 2.4.1 on my main server as a
co-worker wants to wait for 2.5.1 before upgrading that box ...

One additional request if I may: some sort of pointer from the
library(), require(), INSTALL, ... manual page so that I'll find this
next time I forget.

Lastly, a nit:  it doesn't _fully_ do it as it still issues a

when invoked...  But I guess I may as well load methods from my R
startup files.

Thanks, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison