[Rd] Error: An unusual circumstance has arisen in the nesting of readline input

Gad Abraham g.abraham at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Apr 27 10:37:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

If I have warnings converted to errors, and if I plot a simple plot and
then resize and move the plot's window many times, I eventually get an
error "Display list redraw incomplete", and after a while an endlessly
repeating error "An unusual circumstance has arisen in the nesting of
readline input".

I cannot stop it using Ctrl-C (Ctrl-Z works though).

I'm using R 2.5.0 inside a gnome-terminal on Ubuntu Dapper. See more
details below.

Thanks,
Gad

 > options(warn=2)
 >
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_AU.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"  "methods"
[7] "base"

 > plot(rnorm(1000))
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
 > Error: (converted from warning) Display list redraw incomplete
Error: (converted from warning) An unusual circumstance has arisen in
the nesting of readline input. Please report using bug.report()
Error: (converted from warning) An unusual circumstance has arisen in
the nesting of readline input. Please report using bug.report()
Error: (converted from warning) An unusual circumstance has arisen in
the nesting of readline input. Please report using bug.report()
Error: (converted from warning) An unusual circumstance has arisen in
the nesting of readline input. Please report using bug.report()
Error: (converted from warning) An unusual circumstance has arisen in
the nesting of readline input. Please report using bug.report()

Gad Abraham
The University of Melbourne
Parkville 3010, Victoria, Australia
email: g.abraham at ms.unimelb.edu.au