[Rd] R-2.5.0 install

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 27 18:40:10 CEST 2007

Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> writes:

> Anna Lobley wrote:
>> I am receiving the following errors when trying to install
>> gcrma and a number of other Bioconductor packages when
>> the installWithVers flag is set to be TRUE.
>>
>>  >source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R");
>>  >getBioC("gcrma", installWithVers=T);
>>
> Hi, Anna.  You will probably want to follow the instructions here:
>
> http://bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html

Actually, getBioC and biocLite are fairly straight forward wrappers to
install.packages.  They pass '...' arguments to install.packages and
so Anna's use of installWithVers is valid and expected to work.

And for me it does.

Anna, can you try the following:

      rep = "http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc"
      install.packages("Biobase", repos=rep, installWithVers=TRUE)

I would also be curious to understand your motivation for wanting
installWithVers.  BioC packages are developed for a particular R
release and in general I would not expect BioC packages developed
older R's to work with current R's.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org