[Rd] Optimization in R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 19:05:15 CEST 2007

I think it would be desirable for optim to have a dispatching mechanism
that allows users to add their own optimization techniques to those
provided without having to modify optim and without having to come
up with a new visible function.  For example, if we call optim as
optim(...whatever..., method = "X") then that might dispatch
optim.X consistent with S3 except here X is explicitly given rather
than being a class.