[Rd] R install problem on MacOS 10.5.1 (PR#10476)

dankelley Dan.Kelley at dal.ca
Wed Dec 5 13:18:11 CET 2007

Simon, quoted below, is correct about the /usr/local/lib infinite-reference
being a problem.  In case it's of any use to other OSX users, my guess is
that macPorts caused that error.  I infer that based on the time at which
the symlink was created, which was at the time when I was trying to install
MacPorts.  (That install failed.  I cannot pin down the time too well
because it took several hours of compilation to fail.)

I am putting a link to a posting I made on this issue below, in case its
thread expands to provide good hints for other R/Leopard users.  (Simon's
suggestion about moving "lib 1" to "lib" worked for me.)

http://www.nabble.com/problem-installing-2.6.1-on-OSX-Leopard-%28after-failed-MacPorts-install%29-tf4933141.html#a14119813