[Rd] R-Cocoa Bridge

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Dec 6 18:32:51 CET 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Lee Falin wrote:

> I had seen old posts on the list (circa 2002) regarding a Cocoa-R
> bridge that was under development, but I can't find anything recent
> about it. Does anyone know if this is available somewhere? If not,
> does anyone have any experience/pointers calling R functions from
> Cocoa?

R/Cocoa bridge is what the R for Mac OS X GUI is built upon (just grab
the sources and look at REngine). However, it's not perfect (its main
purpose was to support the GUI - it may need some de-coupling - see
also the "stand-alone-REngine" branch) and there is an ongoing project
to get write a more general bridge as part of the Mac GUI 2.x
initiative. There are also other alternatives, but I'm not sure how
public or currently maintained they are these days.

Cheers,
Simon