[Rd] interactive graphics devices

Byron Ellis byron.ellis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:46:06 CET 2007

I probably missed this discussion, but why not just ASK the device if
it is interactive? I can easily imagine a case where a device might be
interactive or not depending on how it was started. In fact, I don't
have to imagine a case since the Quartz device in R-devel can have
exactly this behavior. Something like a Cairo device might also have
this behavior, though I don't know if the current Cairo devices
support it.

On Dec 18, 2007 4:34 PM, Paul Murrell <p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> For all developers of add-on graphics devices:  please note the
> existence of deviceIsInteractive() for adding your device to the list of
> devices for which dev.interactive() returns TRUE.  (Available since R
> 2.6.0;  thanks to Brian Ripley I think)
>
> Paul
> --
> Dr Paul Murrell