[Rd] bug in r-base (PR#10521)

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Dec 19 16:32:46 CET 2007

[Moved from r-devel]

Le mar. 18 déc. à 10:35, m.zamboni at email.it a écrit :

> Full_Name: marco zamboni
> Version: no R version
> OS: ubuntu gusty
> Submission from: (NULL) (87.9.174.188)
>

> I have just finish to install gusty ubuntu on my AMD sempron.
> I would like to:
> $ sudo apt-get install r-base
>
> but
> I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
>  r-base: Dipende: r-base-core (>= 2.6.1-1gutsy0) ma 2.5.1-1 sta per
> essere
> installato
>          Dipende: r-recommended (= 2.6.1-1gutsy0) ma non sta per
> essere
> installato
> E: Pacchetto non integro

First, this is not a bug with R at all; only a difficulty you have
with installing the r-base package.

Second, this does not belong to r-devel, but to r-sig-debian. Hence
the discussion is moved to the latter forum.

Now, did you follow the instructions in the Ubuntu README at

	http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

? What is the result of

	apt-cache policy r-base

?

We should be able to help you with this information.

Best,

---
   Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
   École d'actuariat