[Rd] SHLIB steps on a Makefile

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 22 20:09:04 CET 2007

Hmm, I don't think you need a whole Makefile - while it is a
bit complicated to set locations, etc, essentially if your C code
needs an extra DLL (well, you'll have to bundle it with your package,
etc because the otherwise link-loader won't find it), it is mostly
just in Makevars.win

PGK_LDGLAGS=-lotherlib

'compiling against a DLL in a another package' is alright, but resolving
the DLL at runtime won't be trivial (unless you set explicit dependency
of your package against this other one) ; so you might be better off
compiling against a static build of the other with yours.

<snipped>