[Rd] Graphics driver test script?

Geoff Russell geoffrey.russell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 22:37:03 CET 2007

Hi,

1. I started work on a metapost graphics driver a week or so ago and it is
gradually taking shape. I'm building up my own test cases into a
script as I go, but
figured you may have a "canonical testing script" of cases a driver must handle?

2. The clipping function looks like being a tricky problem. It seems
to me that the
callers of the driver assume that clipping affects all following calls
until the next
clipping call resets the clipping box.   With metapost, the clipping
function clips the
current graphics region and has no effect on following drawing functions.  I'm
not sure how to handle this --- the 2 models are very different.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell