[Rd] Problems with metapost colors

Geoff Russell geoffrey.russell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 11:34:39 CET 2007

Hi all,

The developing metapost driver will handle the plots in
demo(graphics) putting the lines in the right places, and so on.

But the colors are ... to put it politely ... suboptimal :)

I can mail an Rplots.mp file to anybody who might be interested in suggesting
how I can handle colors. Its about 90kb compressed.

Currently, I just split the color into rgb components between 0 and 1 because
that's traditionally what metapost uses --- 3 components between 0 and 1. The
color wheel looks like a wheel, but some of the other plots come out badly.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell