[Rd] How to upload metapost driver ?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 07:21:25 CET 2007

It is best to prepare a package with your work, as other authors of
graphics devices have done.

Only work maintained by the core developers goes into the main source, and
we don't have an metapost gurus to maintain it, AFAIK.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Geoff Russell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> To develop the metapost driver, I did an svn checkout (R-2-4-branch
> revision 40647)
> as instructed in
>
> http://developer.r-project.org/SVNtips.html
>
> i.e., I did a,
>
>       svn co $REPOS/branches/R-2-4-branch r-release-branch/R
>
> Not being a core developer, can I just commit the changes?  Am I
> on the right branch?

Not for developing R itself, but you are not doing that.  All new material
goes into the trunk, and patches are then transferred to the active
R-patched branch.