[Rd] Rscript on Windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Feb 17 13:04:53 CET 2007

On 2/16/2007 9:35 AM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> I mentioned this twice already and no one answered;however, I am mentioning
> this a third time since its a serious deficiency.

I agree this would be a reasonable addition, but I wouldn't class it as
a serious deficiency, and I don't plan to work on it myself.

If you want to put together patches to the trunk code and docs to
implement this I'll review them and possibly commit them.  If you don't
see this as a high enough priority to do that, then I'd suggest doing
what I do:  don't use the CMD.EXE shell.  There are a number of
Unix-like shells available in Windows (Cygwin, MSYS, etc.) that can
handle the #! syntax just fine.  Or just use two files, as you describe
below.

Duncan Murdoch