[Rd] OT: suggestions for a 64-bit server / cluster

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Mon Feb 19 15:51:10 CET 2007

Hi,

Our department has finally decided to get a powerful server (or maybe
a cluster) for computationally intensive jobs.  I will mainly run R
and Matlab, on Linux.

We are currently in the process of deciding what kind of hardware to
get, so I would like to ask for suggestions from those who have
experience in this.  Our budget is $10-15k.  If you can recommend a
configuration, brand or particular US-based company, please contact me
off-list.

Thanks,

Tamas